Why does everyone say to find your niche if you want to grow your brand, or even on Instagram? How do you know which niche is the right when you’re a multi-passionate person? What is a niche? With this blog I’m going to go into detail on answering those exact questions.
Defining your brand is exactly what will make you stand out among the saturation out there and give you an edge! Ever heard the phrase, “If you’re speaking to everyone, you’re speaking to no one”? Here’s 5 key reasons why branding yourself if so important:
1. You will be able to quickly build your tribe/audience. By giving people a clear idea of who you are and what your offer, you begin to attract, and detract, the right people. Making your ideal audience is more likely to follow you.
2. You accelerate your authority in that topic. By talking about one specific topic over a period of time, you position yourself as an expert.
3. You become recognizable. Have you ever been scrolling through your feed when you come across a photo where you know EXACTLY whose photo it is simply by the edit? Or maybe anytime you see big bold letters in red, you think of Target? That’s because those people, or brands, have made a specific image for themselves creating familiarity with their audience!
4. You become “referable”. We all have people we follow and usually its for specific reasons. When you are known for something you become the GO-TO person for that thing. Think of 3 people you follow right now. I’m sure you can give a specific reason as to WHY you’re following them. Give others a clear WHY when they follow you.
5. You can become more profitable – like I said, by narrowing down to a specific niche you become an expert. By being an expert, you can demand more pricing. Let’s use surgeons as an example… Who do you think gets paid more a General Practice Surgeon or a Neurosurgeon ? By positioning yourself as an expert on one specific topic, you become the Neurosurgeon of that topic…pretty cool huh?
Now that you understand the importance of a niche, let me answer this: what is a niche?
A nice is a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service. Ex. fitness, beauty, food, coffee, fashion, photography, etc
This is the foundation of what your content and business is built from and it’s best to only have one to start. With your niche type, it is important to ask yourself “what kind of ____?” If you said a photographer? What kind of photographer? Portrait, landscape, product, commercial?
Once you can answer those questions, you’ve got yourself a great foundation.
There is no “wrong decision”. It’s okay to feel completely lost, but as long as you just pick something to start off and start growing with it. What you don’t want to do is stress about making the “wrong/right choice” when picking a niche and then end up not picking anything. Pick something you’re passionate about and just go with it. Overtime you’ll feel what is most natural for you.